Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: December 7, 2023
The University of Edinburgh is offering the Edinburgh Global Mastercard Online Scholarship, which provides part-time online Master’s scholarships and postgraduate Diploma scholarships to students living or working in Africa. This scholarship aims to support individuals with great academic and leadership potential but limited educational opportunities. It seeks to recruit young people who have overcome barriers to education and are committed to pursuing their studies.
- Types: Diploma, Masters
- Application Deadline: December 7, 2023
- Value & Duration: The scholarship covers three years of part-time online study.
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants will have faced significant barriers to education, whether social, financial, personal, practical, or health-related.
- Applicants must have graduated from undergraduate studies by September 2023 and possess a degree certificate and an official final transcript.
- Applicants must be residents, citizens, or hold refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must show experience or ambition in addressing the climate crisis.
- Applicants should be 35 years or under as of September 1, 2024.
- Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. The scholarship application should be submitted online through the official scholarship website.
The Edinburgh Global Mastercard Online Scholarship is a significant opportunity for African students to access higher education and develop their leadership and academic potential. It aims to support individuals who have persevered against challenges to pursue their educational dreams.