The TechGirls Summer Exchange Program is a fantastic opportunity for young women aged 15-17 to explore the world of STEM and entrepreneurship. Here’s how to apply:
- Type: Fellowships
- Value: Fully funded
- Deadline: December 8, 2023
About the Program:
The TechGirls Summer Exchange Program aims to empower young women from the United States and select countries to pursue higher education and careers in STEM fields. It offers a dynamic four-week U.S.-based experience with a seven-month mentoring program.
Participants will engage in a 24-day TechCamp at Virginia Tech, delving into cutting-edge technologies and various educational and professional paths in STEM fields.
To be eligible for the TechGirls Summer Exchange Program, you must:
- Be between 15 and 17 years old at the start of the exchange on July 13, 2024.
- Be a citizen of and reside in one of the eligible countries/territories from the Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and Pacific, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere regions.
- Demonstrate advanced skills and a strong interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology.
- Have strong English language skills.
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness.
- Commit to completing a community-based project upon your return home.
Please note that family members of certain individuals, such as U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff and U.S. Department of State employees, are not eligible to apply.
- To apply, click on the “Apply For This Scholarship” button.
The selection process involves independent committees that review applications, interviews conducted by U.S. embassy personnel or Legacy International for international and U.S. semi-finalists, respectively.
This is a unique opportunity for young women interested in STEM to gain valuable skills and experiences. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss the chance to apply for this life-changing program before the December 8, 2023 deadline. Best of luck to all prospective applicants!