Application Deadline: November 26, 2023
Sciences Po University in France is offering the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, providing opportunities for students from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue degree programs in the social sciences. This program aims to train a new generation of change-makers for their home countries. The scholarships are designed for students demonstrating academic excellence and strong leadership potential, who may face financial barriers to higher education.
- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: November 26, 2023
- Value & Duration: The scholarships cover the full cost of tuition and living expenses throughout the study period at Sciences Po.
Support and Benefits:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program not only provides financial support but also offers valuable resources to help scholars succeed:
- Support in the lead-up to departure and an official welcome program.
- Housing in Paris reserved for scholarship holders.
- Personalized support throughout their studies.
- Career support, including guidance for identifying professional aspirations, career fairs, access to the university’s business incubator, and more.
- A mentoring program co-run with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni.
- Access to the wide range of general resources that Sciences Po provides to guide students through their studies.
To be eligible for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship, applicants must meet these criteria:
- Be a resident or citizen of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Show a commitment to bringing about change in Africa in areas of public policy and major political, environmental, and societal transitions.
- Demonstrate a need for higher education funding.
- Provide a recommendation from your university.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) by the following academic year.
- Apply for a two-year Master’s program at one of Sciences Po’s seven Graduate Schools.
- Have at least a C1 level in French or English, depending on the program.
- Not have a prior Master’s degree.
- Be under 35 at the start of the graduate academic year.
The application process involves three steps:
- Requesting Eligibility: Check your eligibility for the scholarship through the scholarship website. If declared eligible, you won’t have to pay the application processing fee to Sciences Po.
- Applying to Sciences Po: Follow the international graduate admissions procedure. Start this application alongside the eligibility request. Wait for approval of your eligibility and the waiver of the application fee before submitting your application to Sciences Po.
- Admission to Sciences Po and Scholarship Allocation: Outcomes of your application to Sciences Po will be communicated between 10 and 22 February 2024. Scholarship results will be disclosed from 8 March 2024.
Applicants should be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Personal details
- A letter of recommendation from an academic advisor at your university.
- Information regarding your financial circumstances.
- Details of your academic record and extra-curricular accomplishments.
- A statement explaining your experiences and perspectives on issues affecting Africa and your plans for change on the continent.
For more information, please visit the official scholarship page.