The University of California, Berkeley, is offering the African Legal Impact Scholarship for students from Africa who aspire to pursue advanced legal education in the United States. This scholarship is designed to encourage the enrollment of African students and is a prestigious opportunity with limited availability.
- Type: Masters
- Value: Full-tuition waiver (excluding a $1,000 seat deposit, travel, and living expenses)
- Application Deadline: December 18, 2023
To be eligible for the University of California Berkeley Scholarship for African Students, applicants must:
- Be citizens or residents of African countries.
- Demonstrate academic merit.
- Provide a Statement of Intention outlining post-graduation plans in Africa after completing the LL.M. executive track.
- Maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester to retain scholarship eligibility for the second semester.
- Admitted students to the LL.M. executive track program are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Value & Duration of Award:
Recipients of the African Legal Impact Scholarship will receive a full-tuition waiver, with the responsibility of covering only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses. The duration of the scholarship is one year.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below to begin the application process.
Candidates must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation (to be sent to LSAC well in advance for processing).