Join Amazon’s European Privacy team within the Legal Department and be a part of shaping the evolving landscape of data protection compliance. This role offers the unique opportunity to work across a diverse range of Amazon businesses, products, and services, navigating the intricacies of data protection laws in Europe, including GDPR and national legislation.
As a Corporate Legal Counsel, you will be actively involved in new program launches, collaborating with business lawyers and senior leaders. Managing privacy programs and ensuring regulatory compliance will be central to your responsibilities, along with handling internal audits and coordinating responses to regulatory investigations.
- Fully qualified lawyer with an outstanding legal qualification from one of the core European jurisdictions (France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, or the United Kingdom)
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualified legal experience, including 2 years at a reputable law firm with a focus on privacy and regulatory
- Excellent English language skills, including the ability to draft complex legal briefs
- Strong interest in internet services, applications, and technological innovation
- Ability to manage multiple critical projects independently in ambiguous environments
- Sound business judgment and the capacity to assess practical risks effectively
- A collaborative approach to working with paralegals, assistants, other lawyers, and business clients
- Upholding the highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
Amazon values diversity and believes in creating an inclusive workforce. Recruitment decisions are made based on experience and skills, with a strong emphasis on passion, innovation, and integrity. For more information on Amazon’s commitment to data privacy, please refer to the Amazon Privacy Notice.
If you require any support during the application process, please reach out to the appropriate team for guidance and assistance.