Join the Amazon Legal team supporting Project Kuiper, an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites providing broadband connectivity globally. As an Associate Corporate Counsel, you’ll play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating agreements for operations-related transactions.
Collaborate closely with the Kuiper commercial Business Development and Operations team, taking the lead in providing legal counsel for a range of operations-related transactions. Your responsibilities will involve drafting and negotiating agreements for professional services globally, contributing to various commercial business operations, and developing strategies to handle legal issues creatively and efficiently.
- Lead counsel for operations-related transactions
- Draft and negotiate agreements for professional services globally
- Develop strategies for addressing legal issues creatively
- Enable business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
Export Control Requirement:
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum due to export control laws and regulations.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
- 2+ years of experience as an attorney
- 1+ years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial transactions
- Combination of law firm and in-house experience
- Experience in satellite, space, or terrestrial telecommunications industries
- Ability to work independently and contribute to cross-functional teams
Amazon promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace, ensuring equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, or disability. For accommodation requests, please visit Amazon’s Disability Accommodation page.
The position is based in Redmond, WA, with some domestic and international travel required. Compensation is commensurate with the geographic market and includes additional benefits such as equity and medical coverage.