Join Amazon’s Legal Department in supporting the cutting-edge cloud computing and service industry of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as an Associate Corporate Counsel. This role specifically caters to the data center construction needs of AWS, involving drafting and negotiating construction and consultant contracts, managing compliance and training programs, and overseeing contracting workflows.
The role entails direct collaboration with various teams, including Procurement, Public Policy, Public Relations, Finance, Compliance, and Tax, and managing external counsel. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a globally recognized brand while fostering your legal experience and career.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) or its international equivalent
- 3+ years of legal practice
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility for occasional travel within the US and internationally as required
- Prior in-house experience with a global company
- Familiarity with engineering, construction, or infrastructure contracts
- Ability to work autonomously while effectively contributing to cross-functional teams
Amazon fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace, providing equal opportunities without discrimination based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you require any accommodations due to disabilities, please refer to the Amazon Disability Support page for assistance.
Compensation is aligned with the labor market across various US geographic regions, ranging from $105,200/year to $195,700/year, depending on location and job-related expertise. Amazon offers a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, sign-on bonuses, and other benefits, such as medical and financial support. For more details, please visit the Amazon Employee Benefits page.